10th Street North and 10th Avenue North Intersection Opens to Traffic
August 29, 2018
Intersection of 11th Avenue N and 10th Street N slated to open Friday
Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo 10th Street North improvement project have completed paving operations at the 10th Street North and 10th Avenue North intersection. The intersection has been restored to east/west motorists and pedestrian access in all directions at the intersection. The next intersection to be restored to east//west traffic and all directions of pedestrian traffic will be the intersection of 10th Street and 11th Avenue N. Crews are slated to open this intersection by the end of the week.
This week crews will finish the remaining curb, residential driveways and sidewalks working from the north between 800 to 1000 blocks of 10th Street N. Underground crews are working on storm sewer at the 7th Avenue N intersection. Later this week or the following week, crews will begin breaking and roadway removals in the 1100 block of 10th Street North closing this block to local traffic.
After Labor Day weekend, crews will open a driving loop for drop-off/pick-up and bus traffic at the school. This loop will have a single driving lane on 10th Street N between 8th Avenue N to 11th Avenue N intersection. Motorists will not be able to continue north at 11th Avenue N intersection as crews will be working on underground in the 1100 block between the intersections. When the roadway opens, crews will begin work on the sidewalk in front of the school and an on-street protected walkway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue N intersections will be used for travel through the block.
Through the construction area, the current traffic pattern for cars, trucks and pedestrians:
- CLOSED: 10th Street N east/west crossing at the 7th and 11th Avenues N intersections
- OPEN: 10th Street N east/west crossing at 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 12th Avenues N intersections
- OPEN: Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the 7th Avenue N intersection
- OPEN: 600 and 1100 blocks of 10th Street N will remain local traffic only
- Residential driveways in the 1100 block will remain accessible by use of the 12th Avenue North and 10th Street N intersection along with the alley on the west side of 10th Street N
- UPDATED TRUCK DETOUR:
- West of University Drive on 7th Avenue N to south on 4th Street N to west on 4th Avenue N to north on 15th Street N
- East of 10th Street N on 7th Avenue N to south on 15th Street N to east on 4th Avenue N to north on 4th Street N
- DRIVER DETOUR ROUTE: University Drive between 4th – 12th Avenue N, one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street N, 4th and 6th Avenue N, and Roberts Street
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street N including the east side of sidewalk through the railroad underpass
As a reminder, this construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street N from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N. By the completion of the project in late fall, north Fargo drivers, residents and businesses will have new concrete driving surface, new curb and gutter, street lights, sidewalks, city utilities, new lift station and the installation of sanitary sewer force main in the project limits.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »