10th Street North Closes to Drivers Between 4th – 12th Avenue Thursday Afternoon in North Fargo
May 30, 2018
Northbound 10th Street traffic will be detoured and head-to-head on University Drive until September
Over the last week, crews have been preparing University Drive from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N to carry the 10th Street N reconstruction project detour route. A single lane of northbound 10th Street N and southbound University Drive will soon be carried head-to-head on University Drive, which is typically a one-way roadway.
Starting tomorrow, Wednesday, May 30, 10th Street N between 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N will be close to thru traffic throughout the duration of the project. All remaining blocks of 10th Street N will be open for local traffic only.
The first phase of work will begin north of 8th Avenue N intersection to southside of 10th Avenue intersection. These two blocks and intersection will completely close to all traffic starting the morning of Thursday, May 31.
By tomorrow evening, Wednesday May 30:
- 10th Street N railroad underpass between 4th to 6th Avenue N will close to all drivers, however the underpass will remain open for pedestrian use
- 10th Street N from 6th to 12th Avenue N will close to thru traffic, remaining open for local traffic only
- Northbound 10th Street N traffic will begin to be detoured on 4th Avenue N to University Drive to continue north
- Temporary traffic signals will be used on University Drive at the following intersections:
- 4th Avenue N and University Drive
- 7th Avenue N and University Drive
- 11th Avenue N and University Drive
- 12th Avenue N and University Drive
By Thursday, May 31:
- 10th Street N roadway from north of 8th through 10th Avenue N will close completely
- 10th Street N and 9th Avenue N intersection will close to east to west cross traffic
- All remaining blocks and intersections of 10th Street N will remain open for local traffic only
Throughout the duration of the reconstruction and infrastructure improvement project:
- A sidewalk will be maintained on 10th Street N and under the railroad underpass
- Construction activity will be limited to no more than half the project at a time
- The marked bike detour is located on 11th Street N, 4th and 6th Avenue N, and Roberts Street
The project work has been designed to split the project limits up into three main phases – the lift station work under the railroad, the stretch from 4th to 9th Avenue and the stretch from 9th to 12th Avenue.
This year the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo will replace aging infrastructure and continue the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street N from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N.
Rear end crashes are the most common in work zones. Motorists are encouraged to slow down, allow extra distance between their vehicles and the vehicle in front of them. Motorists are encouraged to add five extra minutes to their travel plans through the area.
Speeds will be reduced on University Drive throughout the project limits.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »