10th Street North Cross-Traffic Access Changes Starting Saturday
August 17, 2018
Intersections of 8th Avenue opens and 7th Avenue temporarily closes to drivers
Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo 10th Street North improvement project will begin reconstruction and underground work on the 10th Street North and 7th Avenue N intersection on Saturday, August 18, afternoon. Crews will first reopen the 10th Street N and 8th Avenue N intersection to east/west traffic ahead of the next intersection closure.
Next week crews are slated to complete project work at the intersection of 10th Street and 10th Avenue N and restore return east/west traffic.
When construction activity begins at the closed 7th Avenue N intersection, cars, trucks and pedestrians will encounter:
- CLOSED: East/west crossing at the 7th, 10th and 11th Avenues N and 10th Street North intersections
- OPEN: East/west crossing at 6th, 8th, 9th and 12th Avenues N and 10th Street North intersections
- OPEN: Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the 7th Avenue N intersection
- OPEN: 600 and 1100 blocks of 10th Street N will remain local traffic only
- Residential driveways in the 1100 block will remain accessible by use of the 12th Avenue North and 10th Street N intersection along with the alley on the west side of 10th Street N
- UPDATED TRUCK DETOUR:
- West of University Drive on 7th Avenue N to south on 4th Street N to west on 4th Avenue N to north on 15th Street N
- East of 10th Street N on 7th Avenue N to south on 15th Street N to east on 4th Avenue N to north on 4th Street N
This week crews are paving the 900 block and east side of 1000 block of 10th Street N as well as beginning paving operations at the 10th Avenue N and 10th Street N intersection with underground work complete through these sections. Underground crews moved to the 700 block of 10th Street N and will complete water main installation by Saturday.
Starting middle of next week, the open sidewalk through the railroad underpass will be carried on the east side of 10th Street N instead of the west side. In the 800 block crews will begin updating sidewalks throughout the block, closing one side of the sidewalk at a time next week. An on-street walkway will be set-up to carry pedestrians on 10th Street N during the work on the closed side to maintain access.
Throughout the duration of the reconstruction and infrastructure improvement project:
- DRIVER DETOUR ROUTE: University Drive between 4th – 12th Avenue N, one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street N, 4th and 6th Avenue N, and Roberts Street
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street N including one side of sidewalk through the railroad underpass
As a reminder, this construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street N from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N. By the completion of the project in late fall, north Fargo drivers, residents and businesses will have new concrete driving surface, new curb and gutter, street lights, sidewalks, city utilities, new lift station and the installation of sanitary sewer force main in the project limits.
WHAT’S MY DRIVE?
Visit NDDOT Fargo District Facebook post to view the drive for northbound 10th Street N traffic carried on University Drive.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »