Overnight Sheyenne Street Closure June 4 from 8 PM – 6 AM in West Fargo
June 1, 2018
Monday evening, June 4, crews will change access for north to south travel on Sheyenne Street under the Interstate 94 (I-94) bridges.
From 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. on Monday, Sheyenne Street will be closed to all traffic underneath the I-94 bridges for one evening. Crews will complete the installation of the last storm sewer pipe across Sheyenne Street.
By the morning rush hour on Tuesday, both directions of Sheyenne Street underneath the I-94 bridges will open to drivers.
During the overnight work, access to travel on/off I-94 and on/off Sheyenne Street will remain for certain directions of travel surrounding the interchange:
- Exiting westbound I-94 traffic – only can travel north on Sheyenne Street
- Exiting eastbound I-94 traffic – only can travel south on Sheyenne Street
- Northbound Sheyenne Street traffic – only can use eastbound I-94 ramp
- Southbound Sheyenne Street traffic – only can use westbound I-94 ramp
When night closure work is complete, access to Sheyenne Street will be maintained by the following routes:
- Westbound drivers wishing to exit Sheyenne Street will be carried in a half mile lane on the west side. The entrance to this exit will be just west of 9th St E/Veteran Blvd exit where westbound traffic crosses over to the east side.
- Northwest Sheyenne Street exit loop ramp will be closed to westbound traffic to begin reconstruction work
- A temporary northeast exit-ramp will be used to travel northbound on Sheyenne Street. The existing ramp will begin to be reconstructed.
- All westbound traffic will exit on the northeast ramp to go south or north on Sheyenne Street
- Traffic will be allowed to make a left to go southbound on Sheyenne Street or right to go northbound on Sheyenne Street from the northeast ramp
- Eastbound drivers will reduce into one lane east of the southwest exit-ramp to Sheyenne Street, near All Finish Concrete building south of the interstate
- Southeast on-ramp will remain in use
Sheyenne Street drivers:
- Single lane of traffic north and south remains under the I-94 bridge between East Beaton Drive to Christianson Drive
Eastbound and westbound I-94 traffic is being carried head-to-head in one lane in each direction for about 1 mile surrounding the Sheyenne Street interchange. Interstate traffic will remain in this driving pattern until the first year of work enters winter suspension in late fall.
Speeds on I-94 will be reduced to 45 mph on the interstate and 25 mph on the interstate ramps.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »