I-29 southeast loop ramp to reopen and traffic shifting over the bridge Friday
June 8, 2017
FARGO, N.D. (June 8, 2017) – By end of day Friday, June 9, drivers will see two updates to traffic control surrounding the I-29 bridge and access the interstate traffic in place. Drivers should expect short delays, stay alert, and pay attention as crews make these changes to traffic control throughout Friday.
The southeast loop ramp will reopen for eastbound 32nd Avenue South traffic in order to go northbound on I-29. Crews have widened this existing ramp to allow for quicker interstate access and to accommodate the added lane of traffic on 32nd Ave S. Eastbound Traffic will no longer use the northeast ramp for access to northbound I-29 traffic.
I-29 bridge traffic will shift from the north side to the south side of the bridge, where work has been completed on the deck overlay. Motorists will encounter:
- One lane of traffic carried side-by-side with a turn lane open in each direction
- There will be a short weave for traffic to cross over to the south side of 32nd Avenue
Traffic patterns through the rest of work zone will remain the same:
- West of 39th Street S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the new, north side pavement through the west end of the work zone, two lanes for westbound drivers and one lane for eastbound drivers, with separate turning lanes in each direction
- East of 36th St S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the south side through the east end of the work zone, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes
- SW I-29 Loop Ramp: Closed for improvements and paving prep, intersection access maintained via ramps on the north side of 32nd Ave.
- Intersections: All open through the work zone
The next shift for traffic will happen when motorists can start driving on the new north side pavement on the east side of 32nd Avenue and work will begin to remove the south side roadway and underground utilities on the east portion of the project. This is slated for later this month, weather permitting.
On Tuesday, June 13, the next public meeting will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Dr. James Carlson Fargo Public Library (2801 32nd Ave. S, Fargo) Community Room. Attendees will be able to walk through project maps and hear more about the construction progression with city and state engineers.
As a reminder, the speed limit on 32nd Ave. is reduced to 25 mph and 45 mph on I-29. Please slow down and pay attention to signage.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »