32nd Ave S Median Paving Progresses West, Short-Term Intersection Change Until Early Next Week
September 12, 2017
This week crews will continue paving operations in the median area along 32nd Avenue S on the east side of the work zone and restrict cross traffic for the next 5 – 6 days as they pave across the next intersection. Later this afternoon, September 12, the 33rd Street S north and south side intersections will change to right-in and right-out only until early next week. Traffic will be able to again cross 32nd Avenue S at 32nd Street S and travel in all directions from this intersection.
The 33rd Street S northbound and southbound traffic change:
- Drivers unable to cross over 32nd Avenue S from the intersection
- North side business access will be via 30th Avenue S
- South side business access will be via 35th Avenue S
- Drivers unable to take left-hand turns onto 32nd Avenue S
- Right-in and right-out from north and south side intersections to 32nd Avenue S
The 32nd Avenue S eastbound and westbound traffic changes at 33rd Street S:
- Right-in and right-out from 32nd Avenue S to 33rd Street north and south side intersections
- Drivers unable to take left-hand turns from 32nd Avenue S onto 33rd Street S
Weather permitting, later this week the south side of the 39th Street S and 32nd Avenue S intersection will open another lane of traffic to southbound travel. The following week crews will restore mainline access to 32nd Avenue S to northbound drivers.
The current traffic pattern remains through the work zone:
- West of 39th Street S to west end: Traffic carried on outside driving lanes, two lanes for westbound drivers and one lane for eastbound drivers, with separate turning lanes in each direction. The 39th Street S south side intersection opens to southbound drivers only.
- East of 36th Street S to east end: Traffic carried on outside driving lanes, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes. The 33rd Street S and 32nd Avenue S north and south side intersections are right-in and right-out only.
- I-29 Bridge: traffic carried on the south side, one lane of side-by-side traffic with a turn lane to access the interstate open in each direction. Five of the six I-29 ramps on 32nd Avenue S are open for traffic.
- SW I-29 Loop Ramp: Now OPEN to I-29 southbound traffic onto 32nd Avenue S access to both east and west moving traffic.
- NW I-29 Ramp: CLOSED to I-29 southbound traffic off of 32nd Avenue S for ramp resurfacing and installation of new under ramp pedestrian route
- Intersections: All other intersections are open to traffic in both directions
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »