32nd Avenue S Temporarily Closing 9 A.M. Tomorrow Between 32nd and 36th Street S
June 5, 2017
FARGO, N.D. (June 5, 2017) – Tomorrow, Tuesday June 6, contractors for the 32nd Avenue and I-29 bridge project need to temporarily close 32nd Ave. between 32nd Street S and 36th Street S from 9 a.m. until noon. The short term closure is necessary while crews install a temporary sewer pipe across all lanes of 32nd Ave.
All traffic will be detoured to 35th Avenue S using 32nd St. and 36th St. The intersection of 33rd Street S will not have direct access to 32nd Ave traffic and will need to use the detour route during the temporary closure.
All other intersections, will remain open in the work zone, including intersections at 32nd and 36th St., so drivers can cross 32nd Ave. Business access will be maintained via side streets and the road should completely reopen for traffic in both directions in time for the noon lunch hour. After the road reopens, drivers will cross over a small asphalt mound across 32nd Ave., in place for the next three weeks.
In advance of the detour, flaggers will be present at all intersections to assist in directing traffic along the temporary route.
Traffic patterns through the rest of work zone will remain the same:
- West of 39th Street S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the new, north side pavement through the west end of the work zone, two lanes for westbound drivers and one lane for eastbound drivers, with separate turning lanes in each direction
- I-29 Bridge: Side-by-side traffic carried on the north side, with one lane and a turn lane open in each direction
- East of 36th St S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the south side through the east end of the work zone, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes
- SW and SE I-29 Loop Ramps: Closed for improvements and paving prep, all intersection access maintained via ramps on the north side of 32nd Ave.
- Intersections: All open through the work zone
During the next week, contractors plan to prep for paving on the new, southwest loop ramp and could potentially switch traffic over the I-29 bridge. By the end of this week, weather permitting, traffic will move from the north side of the bridge to the south side, and the southeast I-29 on ramp will reopen for drivers. A detailed release and map will be distributed ahead of these upcoming impacts.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »