32nd Avenue southbound I-29 on ramp reopens and interstate lanes reduced starting Wednesday
June 13, 2017
Southbound I-29 will be one lane only under the 32nd Avenue bridge for approximately 10 days
On Wednesday, June 14, drivers on 32nd Avenue will be able to access southbound I-29 using the newly paved on ramp on the southwest side of the work zone. As this improved ramp reopens, the ramp on the northwest side of 32nd Ave. will return to one-way only traffic, only open to drivers exiting I-29. This means five of the six I-29 ramps located along 32nd Ave. will be open for traffic. See the map below for details.
Also on Wednesday, crews will begin work on the new southwest loop ramp that requires reduced lanes on southbound I-29 for up to 10 days. During this time, the interstate will be one lane only for southbound drivers approaching the 32nd Ave. bridge. All lanes will reopen before drivers reach the I-29 on ramp on the south side of the work zone. Crews will be working near traffic, so drivers are reminded to slow down and eliminate distractions.
Traffic patterns through the rest of work zone will remain the same:
- West of 39th Street S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the new, north side pavement through the west end of the work zone, two lanes for westbound drivers and one lane for eastbound drivers, with separate turning lanes in each direction
- East of 36th St S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the south side through the east end of the work zone, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes
- I-29 Bridge: traffic carried on the south side, one lane of side-by-side traffic with a turn lane open in each direction
- SW I-29 Loop Ramp: Closed for improvements and paving prep, intersection access maintained via ramps on the north side of 32nd Ave.
- Intersections: All open through the work zone
As a reminder, the speed limit on 32nd Ave. is reduced to 25 mph and 45 mph on I-29. Please be cautious and pay attention to signage.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »