36th Street S Reopening Friday in 32nd Avenue Work Zone, in time for Holiday Weekend Travel
May 25, 2017
FARGO, N.D. (May 25, 2017) – Contractors for the 32nd Avenue and I-29 bridge project have made good progress reconstructing and widening 36th Street S, south of 32nd Ave. They plan to reopen the road for drivers in both directions by end-of-day on Friday, May 26, making portions of the work zone more accessible before the busy holiday weekend. This reconstructed road will feature two additional lanes to accommodate for increasing traffic volumes and create better turning patterns for drivers.
“The NDDOT, city and our contractors worked hard to get this busy business area completed ahead of our original three week estimate,” said Kevin Gorder, NDDOT Assistant District Engineer. “We appreciate the patience from both drivers and local businesses here that had to temporarily use or direct customers to alternate routes. The new, wider roadway will make business access better and safer for everyone.”
Traffic patterns through the rest of work zone will remain the same:
- West of 39th Street S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the new, north side pavement through the west end of the work zone, two lanes for westbound drivers and one lane for eastbound drivers, with separate turning lanes in each direction
- I-29 Bridge: Side-by-side traffic carried on the north side, with one lane and a turn lane open in each direction
- East of 36th St S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the south side through the east end of the work zone, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes
- SW and SE I-29 Loop Ramps: Closed for improvements and paving prep, all intersection access maintained via ramps on the north side of 32nd Ave.
- Intersections: All open through the work zone
During the next week, contractors will continue paving through portions of the work zone, curb and gutter work, and paving prep for the SW I-29 ramps. At this time, they do not anticipate any other major intersection impacts or traffic shifts for the next few days. As a reminder, the speed limit on 32nd Ave. is reduced to 25 mph and 45 mph on I-29. Please slow down and pay attention to signage.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »