ND Highway 11 bridge over I-29 near Hankinson now open as I-29 work continues
June 10, 2016
The bridge on ND Highway 11 over I-29 near Hankinson is now open. The bridge was temporarily closed while work was taking place on the bridge. Work continues on the bridge deck and consists of guardrail installation and other miscellaneous items that will have minimal impacts to traffic.
During the remaining of the project:
- Speeds will be reduced to 25 mph
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane at times on ND Highway 11
I- 29 project continues
Motorists should be aware that construction work continues on I-29 from the ND/SD border continuing 11 miles north. Work is taking place in the northbound lane with head-to-head traffic in the southbound lane.
During the project:
- Speeds are reduced
- A width restriction of 15 feet is in place
- Traffic is head-to-head in the southbound lane
- The northbound exit and entrance ramps on I-29 at Exit 2 will remain closed during the project, along with the rest area at that location.
- Motorists must follow appropriate work zone signage
The I-29 project is expected to be completed this fall.
For more information about construction projects and road conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info-v2/
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »