New Southeast Sheyenne Street and I-94 Interchange Ramp Open for Eastbound Interstate Travelers
August 26, 2019
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District along with the City of West Fargo are improving the Interstate 94 (I-94) and Sheyenne Street corridor.
On Tuesday, August 27, at 7 a.m., weather permitting, crews will open access to one of the new Interstate 94 (I-94) and Sheyenne Street interchange ramps being constructed over the two-year project. The southeast ramp connection, near 21st Avenue W., takes motorist wishing to travel eastbound on I-94 to the interstate. The opening of this new ramp completes all permanent ramp connections on the east side of the interchange.
Once the ramp opens, motorists can expect the following for eastbound I-94 ramp access:
- Northbound Sheyenne Street
- New southeast on-ramp: motorists will enter the new on-ramp just south of the temporary ramp they currently have been using.
- Southbound Sheyenne Street
- Temporary southeast on-ramp: drivers will continue to use the temporary on-ramp north of the new permanent one.
Crews are working to reconstruct the remaining ramps needed to complete the new modified single point urban interchange design, which will move double lanes of traffic through one stoplight in the middle of the interchange when complete. Two new loop ramps and 2 additional ramps are being built on the west side of the interchange.
Motorists are reminded that as work progresses throughout the project, lane configurations will shift based off project needs. One lane in each direction on Sheyenne Street will remain open to traffic, but where the driving lanes are carried will shift between the east or west side of the roadway.
Later this week, crews will make a traffic shift north of the I-94 bridge and motorists will encounter:
- Both directions of Sheyenne Street between Beaton Drive to northwest ramp entrance will shift to head-to-head on the eastside of the roadway
- Exiting southbound Sheyenne Street will remain on the westside of the roadway for access to the westbound I-94 on-ramp
Through the southern portion of Sheyenne Street Segment 2 project limits, the traffic patterns remain the same:
- Christenson Drive to 26th Avenue W.: Head-to-head traffic on the west side of the roadway
- 26th Avenue W. to 32nd Avenue W.: Split traffic with two Sheyenne Street driving lanes and dedicated turn lanes in each direction
One of the easiest choices a motorist can make when you enter a work zone is to slow down. Motorists are encouraged to eliminate distractions and pay attention to traffic changes throughout this dynamic work zone.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »