North side intersection at 32nd Avenue and Sienna Drive closing Monday for pavement improvements
April 14, 2017
Starting Monday morning and lasting for one week, weather permitting, all access to Sienna Dr. north of 32nd Ave. will be via 31st Avenue S
Beginning this Monday, April 17, contractors for the 32nd Avenue reconstruction and Interstate 29 (I-29) bridge project will be closing the north side intersection of 32nd Ave. and Sienna Drive on the far west side of the work zone. This temporary closure should only be in place for one week, weather permitting, and is necessary so crews can replace cracked pavement through the intersection. Drivers will still be able to access Sienna Dr. north of 32nd Ave. via 31st Avenue S. The south side intersection at 32nd Ave. and Sienna Dr. will remain open.
Contractors for the project plan to work this Saturday, leading up to the Easter Holiday, then will resume work Monday morning. The current traffic pattern on 32nd Ave. is:
- WEST OF 39th St S – Side-by-side traffic on the south side of the road, with westbound using two lanes and eastbound drivers using one lane, plus separate turn lanes for both directions; north side Sienna Dr. intersection closed
- EAST OF 36th St S –Side-by-side traffic carried on the south side through the east end of the work zone, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes; all intersections open
- 39th St. S – north side of intersection at 32nd Ave. is one-way, northbound only; all southbound drivers detoured to 30th Ave. S for two to three more weeks, weather permitting
- I-29 BRIDGE – Side-by-side traffic carried on the north side, with one lane and a turn lane open in each direction
- SW and SE I-29 Loop Ramps – Closed for improvements, all intersection access maintained via ramps on the north side of 32nd Ave.
Crews have added temporary traffic signals and extra signage to make drivers better aware of the unusual interstate access route and traffic patterns. It is very important drivers slow down, eliminate distractions and pay attention to signs through this dynamic work zone. Speeds remain reduced to 25 mph on 32nd Ave. and 45 mph on I-29, and Fargo Police and North Dakota Highway Patrol are monitoring speeds. Drivers may experience congestion during peak travel times and short-term lane closures on I-29 during off-peak hours, when contractors need extra space for crews working under the bridge.
Recommended alternative routes to the 32nd Ave. S corridor are Interstate 94 (I-94) and 40th Avenue South, as well as 25th Street South, 42nd Street South and 45th Street South. Pedestrians should also find alternate routes, such as 40th Ave. S or the underpass, as the bike trail on 32nd Ave. is closed.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »