Paving Progresses on East Side of 32nd Ave Work Zone, Temporary South Side Intersection Closure Coming Tonight
July 27, 2017
Contractors for the 32nd Avenue reconstruction and I-29 bridge widening project are making substantial paving progress through the east side of the work zone. Starting tonight, Thursday July 27, at 5 p.m., crews will close access to 32nd Ave S from 33rd Street S on the south side to complete a continuous pave through the intersection.
Drivers will be able to access local businesses on the south side of 33rd St. S via 32nd Street S to 33rd Avenue S or by use of 36th Street S to 35th Avenue S. Project work and concrete cure time is anticipated to take 5 days, weather permitting, and will reopen to traffic once the new concrete has achieved designed strength.
Access to the north side intersection at 33rd St. S and 32nd Ave. S will not be affected by the pavement work in the area.
Also this week, crews have started to rebuild the 32nd Ave. S median area from the west end of the work zone to 42nd Street and from 42nd St. to 39th Street S.
Traffic control just shifted to the outside driving lanes in each direction to allow for crews to remove the temporary asphalt in the middle of the roadway. Driving lanes and turning lanes through the west side and at the 39th St S and 32nd Ave S intersection did not change from the current pattern.
The entire traffic pattern through the work zone:
- West of 39th Street S: Traffic carried on outside driving lanes through the west end of the work zone, two lanes for westbound drivers and one lane for eastbound drivers, with separate turning lanes in each direction
- East of 36th St S: Side-by-side traffic carried on the north side through the east end of the work zone, one lane in each direction with separate turn lanes
- I-29 Bridge: traffic carried on the south side, one lane of side-by-side traffic with a turn lane open in each direction. Five of the six I-29 ramps on 32nd Ave S are open for traffic.
- SW I-29 Loop Ramp: Now OPEN to I-29 southbound traffic onto 32nd Ave S access to both east and west moving traffic
- NW I-29 Loop Ramp: Closed to I-29 southbound traffic off of 32nd Ave S for installation of under ramp pedestrian route
- Intersections: Except for intersections listed below, all other intersections on 32nd Ave S are open for traffic in both directions.
- 39th St. S and 32nd St S south side intersections are open for southbound drivers only for the next 3 – 4 weeks
- 33rd St. S is fully closed to thru traffic for the next week.
**All schedules are tentative and weather dependent.
As a reminder, the speed limit on 32nd Ave. is reduced to 25 mph and 45 mph on I-29. Crews are working near oncoming traffic in parts of the work zone, so drivers are asked to slow down, eliminate distractions and pay attention to signage.
The next major traffic impact will be overnight bridge work for I-29 widening project and crews will be installing the remaining beams. Traffic will be detoured up and over the interstate to continue traveling on I-29 north and south over two evenings. This is scheduled to occur in the beginning of August. FargoStreets will send out a detailed update ahead of this closure once the timeline is finalized.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »