10th Street North Reconstruction Project
NDDOT will be overseeing the complete reconstruction of 10th Street/US-81 from 4th Avenue to 12th Avenue North in downtown Fargo. This roadway is part of the U.S. Highway system. The project work will upgrade this stretch of roadway from a rural to urban roadway as well as improve safety.
This project started in May and slated to be complete this Fall.
Work Zone Limits:
4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N in downtown Fargo
In each direction traffic is head-to-head traffic with one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes on University between 4th Ave N to 12th Ave N throughout the duration of the project. Local traffic only is maintained in the project limits.
Current intersection access in the project:
- East/west crossing at the 7th and 11th Avenues North and 10th Street North intersections
- East/west crossing at 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 12th Avenues North and 10th Street North intersections
- Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the 7th Avenue North intersection
- 600 and 1100 blocks of 10th Street North remain local traffic only
- Residential driveways in the 1100 block will remain accessible by use of the 12th Avenue North and 10th Street North intersection along with the alley on the west side of 10th Street North
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street N, 4th and 6th Avenue N, and Roberts Street
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street N including the east side of sidewalk through the railroad underpass
- UPDATED TRUCK DETOUR:
- West of University Drive on 7th Avenue North to south on 4th Street North to west on 4th Avenue North to north on 15th Street North
- East of 10th Street North on 7th Avenue North to south on 15th Street North to east on 4th Avenue North to north on 4th Street North
Need for Project:
- Remove some of the roadway curve out of 10th Street North between 8th and 10th Avenue
- Improve pavement condition and ride quality of the 30 year-old plus roadway
- Complete area infrastructure improvements and upgrade aging facilities of storm sewer, water main and sanitary sewer
- Improve load-carrying capacity
- Upgrade pedestrian facilities, traffic signals and lighting to improve safety features
NDDOT will be funding the project with a majority of federal and state funds. The City of Fargo will have participating items for infrastructure improvements.
Project cost is $7.1 Million:
- Federal: $4.1 Million
- State: $0.5 Million
- City: $2.5 Million (city infrastructure improvements to sanitary sewer and water main work)
Updated (August 28) - 10TH STREET NORTH WORK ZONE MAP
Week of August 27 - ROOSEVELT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ACCESS MAP