10th Street North Reconstruction Project
NDDOT will be overseeing the complete reconstruction of 10th Street/US-81 from 4th Avenue to 12th Avenue North in downtown Fargo. This roadway is part of the U.S. Highway system. The project work will upgrade this stretch of roadway from a rural to urban roadway as well as improve safety.
Work Zone Limits:
4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N in downtown Fargo
Head-to-head traffic with one lane in each direction on University. 10th Street N between 4th Ave N to 12th Ave N will close to thru traffic throughout the duration of the project.
Sidewalks on the east and west side of the project will remain open until the roadway reconstruction is complete. There will be a marked bike detour via Roberts Street N to 6th Avenue N to 11th Street N.
Need for Project:
- Remove some of the roadway curve out of 10th Street North between 8th and 10th Avenue
- Improve pavement condition and ride quality of the 30 year-old plus roadway
- Complete area infrastructure improvements and upgrade aging facilities of storm sewer, water main and sanitary sewer
- Improve load-carrying capacity
- Upgrade pedestrian facilities, traffic signals and lighting to improve safety features
NDDOT will be funding the project with a majority of federal and state funds. The City of Fargo will have participating items for infrastructure improvements.
Project cost is $7.1 Million:
- Federal: $4.1 Million
- State: $0.5 Million
- City: $2.5 Million (city infrastructure improvements to sanitary sewer and water main work)