I-29 Wild Rice River Bridge Repair
Upcoming Traffic Impacts:
By late evening Friday, October 16, motorists can expect the following traffic control to be in place:
- All lanes open to traffic on the southbound and northbound bridges
- Northbound off-ramp at Exit 54 open
- Speeds will resume 75 mph
Current Traffic Impacts:
Motorists can expect the following traffic control to be in place:
- Traffic shifted head-to-head on the southbound bridge, and the northbound bridge unavailable for use
- Northbound off-ramp at Exit 54 closed and detoured to Exit 56
- Speeds will be reduced to 55 mph where traffic control is present
With the proximity of the northbound off-ramp at Exit 54 to the work area, this exit ramp will close, and motorists will need to use Exit 56 to loop around to take the Wild Rice Interchange from the southbound roadway. All other ramps at the interchange will be open for use.
Project work on the I-29 Wild Rice River bridges is spread out over two years. This year’s work will include repairs to the northbound bridge. The bridge rehabilitation work is expected to be complete by late October. Crews will then finish the project in 2021, by completing the needed southbound bridge repairs.
Crews began building the median crossovers last fall to support traffic being carried head-to-head on I-29 when construction activity starts.
Work Zone Limits:
I-29 northbound Wild Rice River bridge
Project work is slated to begin July 8 and should be completed by the end of October.