South University Drive Ramp Closure Tuesday from 8 PM to Midnight in Fargo
October 1, 2018
Final I-94 westbound off-ramp to South University Drive closure for overhead sign installation
Tomorrow, Tuesday October 2, contractors are planning to conduct the final overnight interstate ramp closure in the Interstate 94 (I-94) and South University Drive interchange reconstruction work zone. Weather permitting, contractors will close the westbound off-ramp from I-94 to South University Drive overnight starting at 8 p.m. to safely install the new overhead sign truss located across the driving lanes. The westbound I-94 off-ramp will reopen to traffic by midnight on Wednesday, October 3.
During the overnight work, motorists will be routed to the next interchange at 25th Street South. The detour routes for westbound motorists to access South University Drive:
- North of the interchange – detoured via 25th Street S to 17th Avenue S to University Drive
- South of the interchange – detoured via 25th Street S to 32nd Avenue S to University Drive
All other interstate on and off ramps will remain open for use. Two driving lanes in each direction are open between 17th Avenue South and 21st Avenue South on University Drive for drivers in Fargo.
Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo I-94 and South University Drive interchange project are working on the final phases of project work. For the next week, crews are working to finish center median and turn lanes, new westbound on-ramp, sidewalk to connects and traffic signal installations to open the full roadway to drivers and pedestrians.
WORK ZONE TRAFFIC FLOW AND ACCESS
SOUTH UNIVERSITY DRIVE –
- Two driving lanes in each direction
- No left-turns at 18th Avenue South intersection
- Sidewalks are closed for use in each direction
- Turning movements out of the west side business driveways is right-in/right-out only
- Speeds reduced to 25 mph
18 TH AVENUE S AND SOUTH UNIVERSITY DRIVE TRAFFIC SIGNAL –
- Left-turns are restricted for both northbound and southbound traffic
- Northbound and southbound traffic can turn right
WEST SIDE BUSINESS DRIVEWAYS –
- One right-in/right-out access point to South University Drive from gas station and quick service restaurant.
- Best route to access driveways is via side streets off 13th ½ Street S
- Closed on west side of South University Drive from 18th Avenue to under I-94
- Pedestrian detour east of South University Drive by use of 17th Avenue S to 9th Street South to use the Lincoln Tunnel under I-94 to 21st Avenue S.
- Flaggers are present to assist with truck traffic moving in and out of the work zone.
- Motorists may experience brief delays in the project limits.
- If an alternative route is available motorists are encouraged to use these routes to help those traveling through or turning into driveways found in the work zone.
« Prev Update Back to Overview Next Update »